QuickBooks is one of the most popular accounting software that helps users, mainly small and medium business owners in many ways. It is a user-friendly software and offers you to track finances, managing sales, and helping with invoices. QuickBooks Desktop application has various built-in features that allow you to enhance the productivity of your business. But sometimes, you may face issues like QuickBooks won’t open on your device. In this article, we have mentioned common troubleshooting methods that you can try to fix the issue.
What Causes QuickBooks Not Opening Issue after Windows 10 Update?
There are many reasons why you may experience issues like QuickBooks Stopped Working or Not Responding properly in your system. Some of the most common reasons are:
- Any issue with latest Windows upgrades installed in your system.
- Compatibility issues between QuickBooks application and your system.
- Improper Internet settings may cause issues while loading the QB program.
Whatever is the reason, QuickBooks Update Error is quite frustrating and prevents users from accessing data. So, it is very important to immediately fix such issues to access all its features.
How do I Solve QuickBooks Won’t Open Issue?
Given below are some troubleshooting methods that you can try to resolve issues like QuickBooks won’t open after update:
Method 01: Restore to a Previous Version of Windows 10
Several users claim that restoring Windows 10 to an earlier version can also help you to troubleshoot issues with QuickBooks application. This process will automatically remove any apps or drivers installed in your system that might be stopping QB from opening. All you need to do is:
- Firstly, click the Windows Start icon and tap ‘Settings.’
- In the ‘Settings’ screen, click the ‘Update & Security option.
- Now, click the ‘Recovery’ tab from the left-navigation pane followed by a click on the ‘Go back to an earlier build’ section.
- At last, click on the ‘Get Started’ button and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
Once the Windows 10 OS in your system is restored to an earlier build, re-install QuickBooks to see if the issue is solved.
Method 02: Use QuickBooks Tool Hub
QuickBooks offers a tool hub that allows you to troubleshoot several issues with the application. This tool even works best on solving QuickBooks not opening issues on a system with Windows 10, 64-bit configuration. It is also advised to install the latest version (184.108.40.206) of the QuickBooks Tool Hub in your system.
- Firstly, click on the QuickBooksToolHub.exe icon and follow on-screen instructions to install it properly.
- After successful installation of this program, open it and execute the Quick Fix my Program from the Tool hub.
Method 03: Close QBW32.Exe Process
Closing the QBW32.Exe Process will also help you to resolve QuickBooks Desktop doesn’t start or QuickBooks won’t open company file issues or any other problem with app. For this:
- First of all, right-click on the Start icon located on the bottom-left corner of Windows taskbar.
- Then select Task Manager from the list of options.
- After that, navigate to the Processes tab and then sort the processes alphabetically.
- Now, locate and select QBW32.EXE and then choose End Process.
Method 04: Troubleshoot Compatibility
- In order to apply this method, type QuickBooks in the Windows search bar. Once you got the QuickBooks application in context menu, right-click on it and then select ‘Open File Location.’
- Select and right-click on the QB file from the folder that appears, and tap ‘Properties’ from the list of options.
- Now, navigate to the ‘Compatibility’ tab. Select Windows OS (8.1/8/7) from the drop-down asking from the ‘Run the program in the compatibility mode for’ option.
- Then, click Apply and at last press the OK button to complete the process.
Method 05: Restart the Desktop
Restarting your Desktop can also help you to solve many issues with QuickBooks applications. This will bring the system up from the start and swipes away all the troubleshooting applications. Just open your QuickBooks after restarting the desktop to ensure everything is working fine.
That’s all on our behalf. We hope that the above methods have helped you to fix the QuickBooks desktop not opening issue. If you are still facing any issue and looking for further support, get in touch with the technical support team or talk with a ProAdvisor. They will help you to resolve the issue at the earliest.