QuickBooks is well-known accounting software that provides the best possible assistance in meeting daily business requirements. It is especially used for accounting and bookkeeping services. However, there can be several issues that you may face while using the QuickBooks account.
One of the most popular issues is QuickBooks update error 15106, which generally occurs when you want to update the program. This problem comes up with an error message and indicates that the update program might get damaged while processing. There can be several other issues, like QuickBooks Error 1603 that you may face due to any specific reasons. There can be plenty of reasons that may cause the update error code 15106. Check out the most common reasons and proper troubleshooting methods to fix the issue from this article.
What Causes QuickBooks Error 15106?
There are several reasons that may cause QuickBooks unrecoverable error or update errors on your account. Some of the popular causes are:
- The third-party antivirus application installed on your system can block the installation process of the latest QuickBooks update
- You might not be logged in as an administrator in your system
- Improper UAC settings can create a problem.
How to Resolve QuickBooks Error 15106?
You can apply any of the following methods to fix QuickBooks error 1603, error code 15106, and other problems.
Method 01: Disable or uninstall the Anti-Virus and Rename folders
You can temporarily disable the third-party antivirus application installed in your system. For this:
- Press Windows+R keys together to open the Run box.
- Type appwiz.cpl in the Run box and then click the OK button or press Enter key.
- From the program list, click on your antivirus application and then tap the Uninstall button.
The uninstallation process may take some time to uninstall the antivirus application. After executing the process successfully, check if the problem has been resolved.
Method 2: Turn off User Account Control (UAC)
Another method that you can try is to disable User Account Control. This method can also help you to troubleshoot QuickBooks error 15106, QuickBooks update error 404, and many more up to a great extent. Follow the steps given below to turn off UAC for Windows 10, 8.1, 8, and 7:
- Press Windows + R keys simultaneously from the keyboard to open the Run box.
- Type Control in the search box and press the Enter button. Select Control Panel from the list.
- Go through System and Security > Security and Maintenance.
- Under the Security window, click on the User Account Control option.
- Click on the Change Settings button.
- Then, click on the Never Notify button and then click the OK button.
- If UAC prompts on your screen, click on the Yes button.
Once you are done with the above steps, you have to reboot the system to fix the problem.
Method 3: Uninstall Spy Sweeper
Sometimes Spy Sweeper can create a problem for you. So, if you locate “SpySweeper.exe” in the task manager, follow the steps given below to uninstall it from your system:
- Open “Add/Remove Programs” in your system’s settings and then locate Spy Sweeper.
- Right-click on it and select “Uninstall” from the context menu.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to uninstall it.
Method 4: Logging in as the Administrator
As we have mentioned above, the problem can occur if you don’t use your system as an administrator. So, it is recommended to log in only with the account that has administrator privileges or asks your network administrator to provide you with administrator privileges. It is recommended to run the program again with administrative privileges.
Method 5: Uninstall & Reinstall QuickBooks
At last, you can uninstall the QuickBooks application from your system. But before you uninstall QuickBooks desktop, keep your Licence and Product number ready and then follow the steps given below:
- Press Windows+R keys together. This will open the Run box on your screen.
- Type appwiz.cpl into it and then press Enter.
- This will open the list of all the program installed in your system. Click on your QuickBooks Desktop and tab the Uninstall button.
- The uninstallation process may take some time.
If none of the above methods has helped you, then visit www.quickbooks.com/support/update.html to find some more official solutions to troubleshoot the problem.
In conclusion, we hope that all the above solutions might have helped you in resolving QuickBooks Error 15106. But if you are facing the same issue even after trying all the solutions, you need to refer to the QuickBooks manual or contact their support team.