McAfee antivirus is a widely used most popular antivirus application that is frequently used to protect our PC/MAC devices and data from unauthorized access. You can protect any of your devices, including Windows PC, Mac, tablets, or smartphones using different software of McAfee antivirus. The company offers a variety of antivirus setup, you can choose and install as per your requirements.
But sometimes, you may encounter some issues while using the Antivirus application. One of the most common problems is McAfee Error code 0, which is an installation error on Windows. It is very important to find the exact cause of this error on your system and the proper troubleshooting method to fix it.
What Causes McAfee Installation Error code 0?
There are various possible causes of Installation Error code 0 in the McAfee application. Some of them are given below:
- Corrupted or any other problem in the Windows registry
- The incomplete installation of McAfee Antivirus can also cause Error 0.
- Another common cause is the incomplete installation of the Antivirus applications
- Uninstallation of certain Antivirus apps from your device
- Viruses and malware located in various drives of your system always create problems in installation.
Quick Steps to Fix the McAfee Installation Error 0
Whenever you experience McAfee Error code 0 – Installation error on Windows, you need to resolve it at the earliest. Here are some quick steps that you can follow to fix the error and bring your antivirus application in working state:
Method 1: Use the McAfee PRE- install tool
- First of all, close all the programs that are currently running on your system.
- After closing all such programs, it is advised to reboot your computer.
- Then, make sure that you run the pre-installed McAfee antivirus application.
- It is important to download and pre-install the proper antivirus application and then click on the ‘Pre-Install_Tool.exe file’ folder to install it.
- Click on the OK button to save changes.
- As soon as the installation process is successfully completed, you need to click on the OK button to finish the process.
Method 2: Re-download the installation package
If the above-mentioned steps haven’t resolved your issue, you can follow the steps given below to re-download the whole installation package and to fix the problem:
- Open any browser and go to the official website, i.e., www.mcafee.com & sign in to your account.
- Choose your product and click on the download button.
- A page with Terms and Conditions will appear on the screen. Go through it and then click on the Agree button to continue.
- The installation process will start again and you will see a tab on a new window.
- Now double click on the downloaded installer package to open it.
- Then, a notification bar will open on your desktop. Just click on the YES button to run the software and to complete the installation process.
- Now tap on the install button and wait till the installation process is successfully completed.
Once the process is completed, a notification bar indicating that the software is downloaded message will appear on the screen. At last, click on the Done button to complete the process.