Even a small accounting mistake while doing a transaction can harm your business. Similarly, if you make any mistake while writing a check on QuickBooks, it is important to cancel it before it is processed. You can void a check-in QuickBooks online whenever you need to do so. This will also help you to avoid any mistakes while accounting for your finances in QuickBooks. Additionally, in this article, we have mentioned all the information that you may need for voiding your check-in QB.
Can You Void a Check in QuickBooks?
It is the most common question when you made any mistake in your check on QuickBooks, that whether you can void it or not. So, the answer is Yes. You can void any of the following types of check-in QuickBooks:
- Standard checks
- Paper checks within the software
- Payroll checks
You can either void or delete your check, for this you must know Voiding vs. deleting. Irrespective of the type of check or error/mistake made in your check, it is important to void it instead of deleting it. Voiding it allows users to maintain a record that deleting don’t. Whenever you delete a check from your account, it makes you unable to detect fraud, if any. You should always delete a check only if a duplicate entry was made by accident.
Steps to follow to void a check within QuickBooks
Once you know what does it means to void a check, it’s time to apply some steps to void a check within QuickBooks. You just have to visit the ‘Check’ page to review the details of the transaction. All you have to do is:
- Firstly, choose the ‘Banking’ option and open the register.
- Now, you have to choose the bank account from where the check was written.
- Identify and locate the check number or transaction that you need to void.
- Click on the edit option and select ‘Void Check’ from the list of options.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to update your company journal and at last select ‘Record.’
How do I Void a Check in QuickBooks?
Instances may arise when you face a problem while voiding check with the above steps. In such cases, you can follow the below-mentioned steps to void a check that wasn’t cashed or included in your most recent bank reconciliation:
- Click on the three horizontal lines from the left corner of your screen to open the Accounting menu.
- Now, select “Chart of Accounts” option from the top.
- Now, choose the bank account from which the original check was issued, and then select “View Register” option.
- Select the check that you need to void, highlight it by clicking on it and then select “Edit.”
- At last, click “More” from the bottom in the center and then select “Void.” Confirm your decision of voiding by clicking OK button.
In case you face any problem while executing the above-mentioned steps, you can contact the QuickBooks helpline number and ask for help. The technical support team and professional experts are available 24*7 to give advanced solutions to fix any error related to your QuickBooks software.