There are many printer brands available in the market that offer excellent services to their users. Whatever the printer among HP, Brother, Canon, and Epson you are using, you may experience that your printer will go into an error state. There are several factors that can bring your printer in an error state. Mainly, the problem is due to lack of sufficient power supply, defective ink cartridges, installation errors in the printer’s driver, etc. The error state issue can also occur while you try to print your documents with Windows 10 computer or on models such as HP Deskjet Printers, Epson WF 3640 Printer, or any other printer.
Why is My Printer in an Error State?
There can be several reasons due to which the Brother, Canon, HP, and Epson printer might go into an Error state. It is very important to find the exact cause before applying the appropriate way to fix it. Here we have identified the usual causes for the issue:
There might be some kind of problem with your printer’s software or its installation.
- There can be some hardware-related issues with your printer.
- Jammed bits of paper inside your printer can bother you.
- Using an incorrect or defective ink cartridge can also cause such a problem.
- An inadequate power supply to your printer can cause problems with the printer.
- Outdated or corrupted printer driver can also result in an error state.
How do I Fix My Printer in Error State?
Once you find out the exact cause of why your printer is in the error state, it’s time to fix the problem. Usually, when you experience such problem with your Windows system, we recommend you to use tools like Windows Troubleshooter. Along with this, you need to check whether the printer connections are Ok if there is any jammed paper is present, and that the drivers are updated. Apply the following troubleshooting techniques to fix the problem:
Fix 1: Run Windows Troubleshooter
Windows OS provides an in-built troubleshooter that may help you to fix many issues, including the error state of your printer. Check the detailed steps for how to use the tool to fix this problem from below:
- First of all, type “Printers” in the Windows search bar and press “Enter”. Then, select “Devices and Printers” from the context menu.
- A list of all the devices connected to your computer will appear on the screen. Locate your Epson printer on this list.
- Right-click on your Epson printer and tap the “Troubleshoot” option from the dropdown menu.
- Now, wait till the tool completely detects and fixes the problem. If your problem is not solved, move to the next step.
- Now, open the “Start” menu on your Windows system click on “Settings” and then open the “Devices” section followed by the click on “Printers & Scanners”.
- On the list of printers and scanners, locate your printer. If you can’t see your device, click on the “Add a printer or scanner” button.
Then, the Windows will automatically detect your printer and provide you proper instructions to install it. Follow all the on-screen instructions to complete this process.
Fix 2: Update Epson Printer Driver
You might be using an out-of-date version of the printer driver, which restricts you from printing your documents. Follow the steps given below to update your driver:
- Press the “Windows” + “R” key to open the “Run” window.
- Type “devmgmt.msc” in the Run box and press Enter. This will open the “Device Manager”.
- Locate and right-click on your printer device. Then, click on “Update driver software” from the context menu.
- Then, choose “Search automatically for updated driver software”.
- Go through all the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
Fix 3: Restart Your Printer and Windows 10 Computer
Restarting your printer and Windows 10 system can also help you to fix any problem with your printer. For this:
- Close all the printing tasks and make sure that there are no tasks in the print queue.
- Shut down your Windows 10 system and the printer.
- Now, restart both these devices after waiting for about 20-30 seconds.
- Print a sample document to make sure that the problem has been fixed.
Are you facing problems while printing your documents? Check out the common reasons and troubleshooting solutions to deal with them. We hope our methods make your day. Apply these methods to save your printer from the error state and to prevent your printer offline error and several Printer Error Codes.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I get my printer out of the error state?
If your printer is displaying the error state issue, then you need to check that the cartridges are original and in proper condition. Additionally, you can update the drivers for your Epson printer.
Why does my printer keep saying error printing?
There are several factors that can cause your printer to display the error state problem. Some of the common factors can relate to hardware issues, blockage on the device’s printhead, a defect in the printer driver or its installation, etc.
What is the cause for Epson Printer in error state?
Epson Printer is one of the efficient printers, however, if it has jammed paper, incorrect ink cartridge, or outdated drivers, then it may go into the error state.