There are some common problems that you may face while running your HP laptops. One of the most common problems that many people have a complaint about is the HP laptop screen goes black while running. If you are also getting HP laptop screen black issue then don’t panic, you can easily fix the issue by applying some troubleshooting steps.
Mainly the situation occurs when you install the latest updates of the Windows operating system on your laptop. Here, in this article, we have mentioned the HP laptop black screen issue and what measures you can take to avoid the black screen issue of your laptop while turning it on.
How to clear the black screen of HP Laptop?
Situations like booting and Black Screen of HP Laptop indicate that there is something wrong with your device which should be resolved at the earliest. So, it is very important to know how you can cope up with such fluctuations. Sometimes, you might have heard a beeping voice which also indicates that there is some issue with your device. Usually, these problems get resolved after upgrading Windows 10 and BIOS but upgrading the BIOS system can also cause many other issues. In such a case, you can apply the troubleshooting steps that are given in the following section to fix your problem.
Quick Methods to Fix HP Laptop Black Screen Issue
If you are also getting HP laptop black screen after login, then apply the methods that are briefly given below to fix your problem:
Method 1: Perform a hard reset for your HP laptop
- First of all, you need to turn off your HP laptop.
- Now, remove all the hard drives that are attached to your device.
- Just keep pressing the power button for at least 60 seconds.
- Then, release the power button and put the battery back on the device.
- At last, you have to boot your laptop again to check if it is working properly or not.
Method 2: Restart the explorer.exe process
If the hp laptop black screen persists even after hard resetting your HP laptop, then should try to restart the explorer.exe file for Windows 10 OS to fix your problem. For this:
- Firstly, press Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys simultaneously to open the “Task Manager” tab.
- Click on the “Details” tab and then scroll down to “explorer.exe process”.
- Now, you need to click on the “End Task” button.
Once you are done with the above steps, just restart your HP laptop to check whether the issue gets resolved or not.
Method 3: Disable the fast startup
Disabling the fast startup can also resolve HP laptop not starting up black screen issue. You can follow the steps given below to turn off the fast startup option in your device:
- First of all, type cp in the search box of your laptop and click on the “Control Panel” from the context menu to open it. Then, navigate to the “Control Panel items” that appear on the screen.
- Click on the “Power” button and navigate to the “Options” tab.
- After that, you need to select and click on the “Choose what power buttons do” option followed by a click on the “Change settings that are currently unavailable” option.
- Then, untick the option indicated as “Turn on fast startup (recommended) and then click on the “Save Changes” option to save the changes you have done.
After completing the process, restart your computer to check whether the issue is resolved or not.
Hope, the above-mentioned steps help you to fix the HP laptop screen black issue. However, if you still facing any issues while applying these steps then we recommend you visit the official HP webpage. The technical support assistance team will try best to resolve your queries.