Nowadays, Avast antivirus is one of the very popular antivirus suites among users. But just like all other software applications, you may experience some problems while using the application. One of the most common issues that many people have a complaint about is Avast update helper error 1316. Here, in this article, we have mentioned what error 1316 means, its causes, and how to fix it.
What does Avast’s error 1316 Mean?
You might not get any message related to this error in the antivirus engine itself. In fact, to check it, you need to open the event viewer. Along with this, the error 1316 directly affects the Avast Update Helper. That is, the module causes un-appropriate working of the program. On the other hand, the issue also affects Avast Free and Avast Security. Mainly, the error is due to not updating the program on regular basis.
What Causes Avast Update Helper Error 1316?
As mentioned, the error is mainly due to an update error. That is the error is mainly noticed after an update failure or by an abrupt interruption of the device in which you are using software. Consequently, corruption can be generated in any file stored in your system. It is quite difficult to correct such corruption. You can use the program’s troubleshooter to fix the problem.
On the other hand, there are a few incompatibilities with programs that make the Avast application unable to update properly. For example, if you using an old version of Windows, Avast was incompatible with your device and then you need to use Windows Defender to fix the problem. This antivirus suite, which is included by default in your Windows system can help you to fix many issues.
Quick Methods to Fix Avast Helper Error 1316
Given below are some most common troubleshooting methods that you can try to fix Avast update helper – Error 1316:
Method 1: Update Avast Application
In most cases, Avast Helper Error 1316 occurs due to outdated version of Avast application installed in your system. In such a case, you need to follow the below-given steps to update your application:
- Open your Avast Antivirus application and click on the Menu icon located at the top-right corner.
- Next, click on Settings option from the context menu that appears on screen.
- From the Settings menu, navigate to the General tab and click on the Update subtab.
- Then, click on Check for Updates button and wait until the process is successfully completed. After this process, latest version of application will get automatically installed on your system.
Once the antivirus software is properly updated, run the application and check if the 1316 Error pointing to Avast Helper error still persists. If yes, go to the next step.
Method 2: Use the built-in repair function
Many users claim that running the built-in repair function that every Avast products has built-in can also help you to fix the problem. You can run it directly from the application and it’s really effective in fixing most local issues that will end up triggering the Avast Helper Error 1316. Follow the steps given below to run the built-in troubleshooter to repair the Avast AV product:
- Open the Avast installation package and click on the Action Menu located at the top-right corner. Then, click on Settings from the context menu that appear on screen.
- Navigate to General tab and tap the Troubleshooting option from the list of sub-menu items.
- Then, scroll down to the Still having problems? section and click on the Repair app.
- At the confirmation prompt, click Yes and wait for the initial scan to complete.
- After completing the process, a list of potential issues will appear on screen. To fix such issues, click on Resolve button to fix all the problems.
- After completing the process, restart your system and check if the issue is resolved.
Method 3: Uninstall Avast Secure Browser
If you’re using Avast Secure Browser and facing the Avast Helper Error 1316 entries in Event Viewer, then you should uninstall the application to fix the problem. The problem can be due to a conflict between Avast Secure Browser and the default security product on Windows 10 and need to resolve as soon as possible.