QuickBooks is one of the most popular accounting software that offers many features to its users. Intuit, the application development company, helps small and medium-sized businesses by providing several on-site accounting services. Sometimes, the Windows firewall settings in your system can cause issues, which may lead to severe errors. However, one of the most common error messages that many users receive while using the application is “Firewall is blocking QuickBooks.” Check the common causes and proper troubleshooting methods to fix this issue from this article.
What Causes the “Firewall is Blocking QuickBooks” Issue?
Whenever you receive any error while using the application, it is very important to find the exact cause of it. After receiving requests from multiple users, we investigate the issue and tried to find exact cause of the problem. Given below are some most common reasons due to which your Windows firewall is blocking QuickBooks:
- Blocked in Firewall: Sometimes, the Windows Firewall blocks QuickBooks application and this may cause several issues. There might be some other third-party antivirus applications like Avast blocking QuickBooks, i.e., they might block the application permanently.
- Closed Ports: This error may arise when the ports that application uses to access the internet have any issue. In some cases, issues may arise with specific ports that are generally used by the application. Just like other applications, QuickBooks doesn’t need a wide range of ports. It just uses a specific port that depends on the version of the application that you are using.
How to Configure Firewall While for Multi-user Environment?
Now, once you know the exact cause of the problem, it’s time to apply some troubleshooting methods to fix it. There are several methods that you can try to get out of the issue. Some of them are given below:
Solution 1: Configuring Firewall Ports Manually
You can configure Firewall ports manually to allow the application to access the internet. All you have to do is download and run this application. You can also follow the below-mentioned steps if you don’t want to download the application:
- Firstly, open the “QuickBooks Database Server Manager”. Then, navigate to the “Port Monitor” tab and make a note of the “Port Number.”
- Then, press the “Windows” + “I” keys simultaneously to open settings and tap the “Update & Security” button.
- Click on the “Windows Security” tab from the left navigation pane and click on the “Firewall and Network Security” option.
- Select the “Advanced Settings” button from the list and click on the “Inbound Rules” option from the new window. Then, select “New Rule” followed by a click on “Port” option and then click on “Next” button.
- Click on “TCP” and then select the “Specified Local Ports” option.
- Then, tap “Next” button and select “Allow the Connection”. Again select “Next” and check whether all the three options appearing on the screen are checked.
- Again, tap the “Next” and write a “Name” for the new rule. After that click on the “Next” button and click on “Finish“.
Once you are done with the above steps, repeat the same steps again for “Outbound Rule” and check to see if the error persists.
Solution 2: Adding Firewall Exception
You might be facing some exceptions while using the QuickBooks program in the Firewall. Sometimes, the Windows Firewall blocks the application and causes several issues. You can add the QuickBooks program as an exception to the Firewall by following the below-mentioned steps:
- Press “Windows” + “I” to open settings and tap “Update & Security“ option.
- Now, from the left navigation pane, click the “Windows Security” tab and click on the “Firewall and Network Security” option.
- Tap the “Advanced Settings” button and click on the “Inbound Rules” option and choose the “New Rule” option.
- Click on “Program” and then select “Next” and then check the “This program Path” radio button and tap the “Browse” button.
- Select the path where you have installed QuickBooks Program in your system. Then, tap “Next” button and check the “Allow the Connection” option.
- Check all “Three” options appearing on the button and click on the “Next” button.
- Now, type a name for the rule and click on “Finish”.
- Repeat the same process again for the “Outbound Rule” and make sure that the issue has been solved.
Are you facing issues even after trying these QuickBooks Firewall Ports solutions? We have mentioned all the popular steps in solution, but if you are still facing any issues, get in touch with the technical support team. Our professional experts work in this field 24*7 and deliver professional help to fix all your issues.