Sometimes, while using the Norton application on your system, you may encounter the Norton 360 Error 8504 and 104. These error messages usually occur when you try to uninstall, repair, or update your Norton Antivirus product. It is very important to identify the exact reason behind Norton security error 8504 and 104 on Windows 10 system and then identify proper troubleshooting methods to fix it.
Common Methods to Fix Norton Security Error 8504 and 104
You can apply any of the below-given methods to fix the Norton error 8504 and 104, Norton error 8504 5, or any other security error:
Method 1- Remove other antivirus/Free Security tools
There can be some other third-party antivirus application installed in your system that can make it difficult for Norton antivirus to work properly. In such a case, it is
- Before moving further, you must remove or uninstall all the antivirus/free security tools already installed on your system.
- Now, press the Windows + R keys simultaneously and type appwiz.cpl in the Run box. Then press the Enter key to move further.
- This will display the list of all the programs installed on your PC, select the Antivirus/Free Security tool, and tap the Uninstall/Remove button.
- Follow all the on-screen instructions to remove the particular program from your system.
- When the uninstallation process is successfully completed, restart your system.
Method 2: Use Norton Remove and Reinstall Tool
As explained in the above methods, you have to go to the list of drivers and this makes take much more time. In such a case, you can use the Norton Remove and Reinstall tool to uninstall the program easily. All you have to do is:
- Visit Norton’s official website in your browser and download the software.
- Now, open the download folder and install the Norton Remove and Reinstall tool in your system.
- Go to the advanced option and click on Remove only button after successfully installing the software.
- At last, click on the Remove button, and then restart the system.
Method 3: Update Graphics Card
Many users claim that using the latest version of the Graphics card may also help you to fix the problem. Check whether the Graphics card installed in your system is updated or not. If not, then follow the steps given below to update it:
- Right-click on My Computer and go through Manage >> Device Manager >> Display adapters. You can also press Windows + R keys and then type devmgmt.msc in the Run prompt and press Enter key.
- Double-click on the Display adapters and right-click on the HD Graphics Card. Then, choose Update Driver Software from the context menu.
- It is also recommended to check whether the status of your HD Graphics Card is updated or not. For this, press the Alt + Enter keys and right-click and choose your HD Graphics card.
- After updating the driver to the latest version, restart your computer.
Hope the above methods have helped you to fix the Norton 360 Error 8504 and 104. Norton Auto fix makes you unable to use the Norton Antivirus application. So, it is very important to fix the problem at the earliest.