TurboTax is one of the popular tax-paying software that allows millions of taxpayers to file federal and state taxes without any hurdle. But sometimes you may experience some issues while using the application. One of the common problems is TurboTax error: 190 that generally occurs when you try to open a file in the TurboTax desktop application.
TurboTax comes up with several technical methods to fix this issue. However, this is a temporary error that occurs only when you try to open the company file. It is very important to exact the reason behind this problem and proper troubleshooting methods to get rid of it at the earliest.
What Causes the TurboTax Error Code 190?
There are several reasons that may cause TurboTax error 190 on your account. Below given are some of the common reasons that may be responsible for the occurrence of TurboTax error 190.
- The error occurs when you try to launch the TurboTax application on your system.
- Incorrect or corrupted graphics drivers can also cause the error code 190.
- TT error 190 can be caused due to the incompatibility of the TurboTax program and running system program.
Once you know the exact cause of the error code 190 on the TurboTax application, it’s time to perform the required actions to fix the issue. Check out several solutions that may help you to fix the error.
How do I Fix TurboTax Error 190?
It is very simple and easy to fix the TurboTax error 190 on your system, all you have to do is perform simple technical methods. Given below are some effective solutions that you can try to resolve the error 190.
Solution 1: Re-launch the TurboTax Application
The first solution that you can try to fix error code 190 on the TurboTax application is by relaunching the software. And for that, you have to:
- First of all, click on the “Start a New Return” button.
- Then, you have to click on the “Taxes” tab of the report.
- Then, you need to download the reports to save them.
- After this, you can turn off your TurboTax program.
- Then, re-launch the TurboTax application.
- Once done, again try to re-launch the TurboTax software.com and try to open the file.
If you find the error still exists even after executing the above steps, then you can fix it by trying the next solution.
Solution 2: Run Disk Cleanup
In the second solution, all you have to do is free up some space on your hard drive so that it can fix the error from the TurboTax application. You can do so by:
- You need to create a backup of all the files and free up some space on the hard drive.
- After this, you need to clean the cache and start your computer again.
- Once your system is successfully restarted, perform a Disk Clean up to clear space on the computer. For this, you need to follow the steps given below.
- Firstly, right-click on the disk and scroll down and click on the Properties option. This will open a separate window on your computer.
- Then, you need to select the Disk Cleanup option and wait for a few seconds to complete the whole process successfully.
The above-mentioned methods will help you to eliminate the error 190 in TurboTax software. It requires only two steps whether you re-launch the software or run disk cleanup to make space in the computer’s memory. You can also clear the unnecessary cache to get rid of the error. If you ever see TurboTax error 190 on your system, apply these methods to fix the problem with ease.