McAfee is popular antivirus software that safeguards your system against any malicious threats. We all know that Viruses and malware can affect our system anytime, so it is very important to prevent our system from them. But sometimes, you may receive a few error messages while using the McAfee application. Among all these errors, many people have a complaint about the McAfee drive encryption fatal error that mainly occurs when you try to open the application. Whenever you encounter such an error, it is important to find the exact cause and proper troubleshooting technique to fix the problem.
What causes the McAfee Antivirus drive encryption fatal error 0xee020006?
There are several reasons that may cause the McAfee Antivirus drive encryption fatal error 0xEE800004 or 0XEE020006. Mainly, the problem occurs when the registry files are marred or corrupted. Registry files are required for the smooth functioning of your device and to prevent it from any damage. The McAfee fatal error may also occur because of a fault in BIOS.
How to fix McAfee drive encryption fatal error 0xee020006?
Just like Fatal error 0xEF000008 or 0xEE020002, the McAfee fatal error 0xee020006 needs to be fixed immediately. Some of the popular methods that you can try to mitigate this issue are:
Method 1: Changing the BIOS settings
As the problem is caused due to improper BIOS settings on your system, you need to change your settings. For this, you can apply the steps given below:
- Navigate to the settings of your antivirus application.
- Click on the Update and Security option.
- From the list of options that appears on the screen, select Recover.
- Now, go to the Advanced tab and tap the Restart Now button.
- Then, click the Troubleshoot button.
- Go through Advanced> UEFI Firmware Settings > Restart.
Method 2: Check the Registry files
Another important cause of this problem is the corrupted registry. To fix this problem, you can replace the registry files.
If both the above methods haven’t helped you, then it’s time to disable the McAfee antivirus. You can follow the steps given below to disable or turn off McAfee antivirus on your Windows system:
- Click on the Start button and type “McAfee” in the search box. Then, select McAfee ® Total Protection application to open it and navigate to the PC security tab.
- Select the Real-time scanning option located on the left side.
- Then, click the turn-off or disable button located in the top right corner after selecting the time period till when you want to disable it.
- Close the window and go to the Firewall tab and then click on the Switch-off option.
- However, if your Firewall tab is blank, then it indicated that the option is already disabled.
- Next, go to the Automatic Updates segment, located below the firewall setting, and disable it.
- At last, select the Scheduled scan option and turn it off as well.
However, if none of the above-mentioned methods have helped you to fix the problem, then it time to contact the McAfee Technical Support team. They will help you in all possible ways and guide you to fix the problem in a detailed procedure. They will definitely provide you with the necessary guidelines to get rid of our error.